Taxi News and Views
Hi there Welcome to Taxi Eire.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Taxi News and Views
Hi there Welcome to Taxi Eire.
Taxi News and Views
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cloud Based Dispatch VERY AFFORDABLE - www.Mytaxicloud.com
Turkish Chef cleared over threats to cut garda and Racism charge struck out, I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:31 pm by mytaxicloud

» Taxi Meters
Turkish Chef cleared over threats to cut garda and Racism charge struck out, I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 8:22 pm by Discount Till Rolls

» After the county sticker campaign the regulator now has a clear view of those renting taxis, to see if there compliant these letters are being sent out.
Turkish Chef cleared over threats to cut garda and Racism charge struck out, I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:29 pm by Admin

» This is a real Taxi drivers ID from TrustID taxi pilot scheme
Turkish Chef cleared over threats to cut garda and Racism charge struck out, I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:02 am by Admin

» Election 2011
Turkish Chef cleared over threats to cut garda and Racism charge struck out, I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:55 pm by Admin

» GAA coach hit taxi driver
Turkish Chef cleared over threats to cut garda and Racism charge struck out, I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:26 pm by Admin

» SPSV Hackney license
Turkish Chef cleared over threats to cut garda and Racism charge struck out, I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:00 pm by Admin

» pics of Irelands Taxi Industry
Turkish Chef cleared over threats to cut garda and Racism charge struck out, I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:50 pm by Admin

» Taxi Video
Turkish Chef cleared over threats to cut garda and Racism charge struck out, I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:25 pm by Admin

QR Code
qrcode
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Turkish Chef cleared over threats to cut garda and Racism charge struck out,

Go down

Turkish Chef cleared over threats to cut garda and Racism charge struck out, Empty Turkish Chef cleared over threats to cut garda and Racism charge struck out,

Post by Admin Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Turkish Chef cleared over threats to cut garda and Racism charge struck out, Riza-Taycur_957346t

A Chef who got into a dispute with a taxi driver over his fare home has been cleared of threatening to "cut up" a garda and calling the cabbie a "big black monkey". Riza Taycur (43) had been accused of making the racist remarks and threats in the incident in south Dublin. He was found not guilty of causing a breach of the peace in the offence, but was fined €385 for public intoxication after he admitted being drunk.

Taycur, of Litton Lane, Dublin 1, had pleaded not guilty to using threatening, abusive and insulting behaviour at Rathmines Road on April 29, 2011. Garda Graham Mernagh told Dublin District Court the accused was highly aggressive when he arrived at the scene. He alleged that Taycur shouted across the street that the taxi driver was a "big black monkey" and threatened to cut the garda.

In evidence, Taycur admitted having a row with the taxi driver over the fare. He said he and his friend had asked to be taken to Rathgar Road from the city centre and that the fare should have been at most €10. He said the driver "took advantage" by taking him on a longer route, he was charged about €18.He told the court he remained at the scene while the driver called the gardai and that he was put in handcuffs without being asked for an explanation.

Taycur admitted being "a little bit drunk" but denied all the other allegations against him."I wouldn't be racist with people", he insisted.Judge Victor Blake said he had doubts and dismissed the breach of the peace charge.The court heard the defendant was an ethnic Kurd who fled Turkey in 1999 and was now an Irish citizen.He was a qualified chef and had worked for several hotels and restaurants in Dublin.

Alcohol "did not agree with him" and he had a gambling addiction which was now under control, his solicitor said.Fining him on the drunkenness charge, Judge Blake said the accused "shouldn't be squandering his money like this".

hnews@herald.ie
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://taxieire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down