Taxi News and Views
Hi there Welcome to Taxi Eire.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Taxi News and Views
Hi there Welcome to Taxi Eire.
Taxi News and Views
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cloud Based Dispatch VERY AFFORDABLE - www.Mytaxicloud.com
A Taxi driver who was directed on a wild goose chase from Kinsale to Ballincollig ended up being assaulted by two men who tried to rob his takings I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:31 pm by mytaxicloud

» Taxi Meters
A Taxi driver who was directed on a wild goose chase from Kinsale to Ballincollig ended up being assaulted by two men who tried to rob his takings I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 8:22 pm by Discount Till Rolls

» After the county sticker campaign the regulator now has a clear view of those renting taxis, to see if there compliant these letters are being sent out.
A Taxi driver who was directed on a wild goose chase from Kinsale to Ballincollig ended up being assaulted by two men who tried to rob his takings I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:29 pm by Admin

» This is a real Taxi drivers ID from TrustID taxi pilot scheme
A Taxi driver who was directed on a wild goose chase from Kinsale to Ballincollig ended up being assaulted by two men who tried to rob his takings I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:02 am by Admin

» Election 2011
A Taxi driver who was directed on a wild goose chase from Kinsale to Ballincollig ended up being assaulted by two men who tried to rob his takings I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:55 pm by Admin

» GAA coach hit taxi driver
A Taxi driver who was directed on a wild goose chase from Kinsale to Ballincollig ended up being assaulted by two men who tried to rob his takings I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:26 pm by Admin

» SPSV Hackney license
A Taxi driver who was directed on a wild goose chase from Kinsale to Ballincollig ended up being assaulted by two men who tried to rob his takings I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:00 pm by Admin

» pics of Irelands Taxi Industry
A Taxi driver who was directed on a wild goose chase from Kinsale to Ballincollig ended up being assaulted by two men who tried to rob his takings I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:50 pm by Admin

» Taxi Video
A Taxi driver who was directed on a wild goose chase from Kinsale to Ballincollig ended up being assaulted by two men who tried to rob his takings I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:25 pm by Admin

QR Code
qrcode
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

A Taxi driver who was directed on a wild goose chase from Kinsale to Ballincollig ended up being assaulted by two men who tried to rob his takings

Go down

A Taxi driver who was directed on a wild goose chase from Kinsale to Ballincollig ended up being assaulted by two men who tried to rob his takings Empty A Taxi driver who was directed on a wild goose chase from Kinsale to Ballincollig ended up being assaulted by two men who tried to rob his takings

Post by Admin Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:51 pm

A Taxi driver who was directed on a wild goose chase from Kinsale to Ballincollig ended up being assaulted by two men who tried to rob his takings Logo

Saturday, October 01, 2011

A Taxi driver who was directed on a wild goose chase from Kinsale to Ballincollig ended up being assaulted by two men who tried to rob his takings.Detective Garda Rory McGrath arrested one of the culprits, Michael Power, 21, of Farnahoe, Innishannon, Co Cork, yesterday and brought him before Cork District Court. Power pleaded guilty to a charge of attempted robbery arising out of his part in the crime committed in the early hours of November 22 last year.

Power has since commenced a 20-month jail sentence for another crime and Judge Leo Malone added a three-month consecutive sentence to that period yesterday for the attempted robbery. Det Grda Barry testified that Power and another man, who was not before the court, got into the taxi in Kinsale and asked to be taken to Innishannon, Co Cork. They then changed their minds and said they wanted to be taken to Crossbarry.

Finally, from there they asked to be taken to Ballincollig and directed the taxi driver to Muskerry estate. "He [Power] struck the taxi driver three times, breaking the driver’s glasses, and demanding money. He got no money and fled the scene," Det Grda McGrath said. Inspector Eileen Foster said the defendant had 15 previous convictions including one for assault, one for assault causing harm, one for burglary and several for public order offences.

Defence solicitor Eddie Burke, said: "He had a good upbringing and did his Leaving Cert in Bandon. He started drinking and fell in with people he should not have associated with. He got into trouble in the last two years. "Fortunately, in this incident, the taxi driver was hurt too badly.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://taxieire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down