Taxi News and Views
Hi there Welcome to Taxi Eire.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Taxi News and Views
Hi there Welcome to Taxi Eire.
Taxi News and Views
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cloud Based Dispatch VERY AFFORDABLE - www.Mytaxicloud.com
Taxi driver savagely assaulted I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:31 pm by mytaxicloud

» Taxi Meters
Taxi driver savagely assaulted I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 8:22 pm by Discount Till Rolls

» After the county sticker campaign the regulator now has a clear view of those renting taxis, to see if there compliant these letters are being sent out.
Taxi driver savagely assaulted I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:29 pm by Admin

» This is a real Taxi drivers ID from TrustID taxi pilot scheme
Taxi driver savagely assaulted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:02 am by Admin

» Election 2011
Taxi driver savagely assaulted I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:55 pm by Admin

» GAA coach hit taxi driver
Taxi driver savagely assaulted I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:26 pm by Admin

» SPSV Hackney license
Taxi driver savagely assaulted I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:00 pm by Admin

» pics of Irelands Taxi Industry
Taxi driver savagely assaulted I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:50 pm by Admin

» Taxi Video
Taxi driver savagely assaulted I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:25 pm by Admin

QR Code
qrcode
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Taxi driver savagely assaulted

Go down

Taxi driver savagely assaulted Empty Taxi driver savagely assaulted

Post by Admin Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:57 pm

A TAXI driver in Roscommon town was seriously assaulted over the weekend by a number of men he had carried to Athlone, bringing to two the number of serious assaults on taxi drivers in recent weeks.

Driver Muhammad Arfan was violently attacked in the early hours of Saturday morning last after bringing a group of four men and two women, aged in their 20’s and early 30’s, from Roscommon to Athlone.

It was sometime after midnight when Mr Arfan was approached at the taxi rank in Roscommon town by the group who requested to be taken to Athlone.

He accepted the fare and during the journey there did not seem to be a problem, with the passengers being in good spirits and informing him that they had attended a wedding in the town that day.

As Mr Arfan approached Athlone he was directed to take the passengers to the Ashdale Estate and as they reached their destination, they told him that he was not getting paid the fare, which came in at over €50.

The two female passengers told the driver that they were willing to pay the fare and indicated that they would go and get their purses.

While Mr Arfan was waiting for payment, two of the men violently assaulted him leaving him with severe bruising and lacerations to his face and body and a severe gash to his head and upper eye that required several stitches.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://taxieire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down