Taxi News and Views
Hi there Welcome to Taxi Eire.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Taxi News and Views
Hi there Welcome to Taxi Eire.
Taxi News and Views
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cloud Based Dispatch VERY AFFORDABLE - www.Mytaxicloud.com
Sit-in at Taxi Regulator ends I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:31 pm by mytaxicloud

» Taxi Meters
Sit-in at Taxi Regulator ends I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 8:22 pm by Discount Till Rolls

» After the county sticker campaign the regulator now has a clear view of those renting taxis, to see if there compliant these letters are being sent out.
Sit-in at Taxi Regulator ends I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:29 pm by Admin

» This is a real Taxi drivers ID from TrustID taxi pilot scheme
Sit-in at Taxi Regulator ends I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:02 am by Admin

» Election 2011
Sit-in at Taxi Regulator ends I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:55 pm by Admin

» GAA coach hit taxi driver
Sit-in at Taxi Regulator ends I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:26 pm by Admin

» SPSV Hackney license
Sit-in at Taxi Regulator ends I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:00 pm by Admin

» pics of Irelands Taxi Industry
Sit-in at Taxi Regulator ends I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:50 pm by Admin

» Taxi Video
Sit-in at Taxi Regulator ends I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:25 pm by Admin

QR Code
qrcode
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Sit-in at Taxi Regulator ends

Go down

Sit-in at Taxi Regulator ends Empty Sit-in at Taxi Regulator ends

Post by Admin Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Sit-in at Taxi Regulator ends

Two men who have been staging a sit-in at the offices of the Taxi Regulator in Dublin have ended their protest. Pat Walsh from Limerick and Tom Hanlon from Dublin had been in the building since3pm yesterday afternoon.The two men were served with High Court orders compelling them to leave.

Speaking to RTÉ News, Mr Walsh said they had held the protest simply to secure a meeting with the Minister for Transport about the taxi industry, but had been served with injunctions instead. Mr Hanlon said the industry needed to be cleaned up, there were too many taxis and drivers were killing each other for work.

He said people driving a taxi were entitled to earn a decent living and Minister Noel Dempsey would have to listen.The President of the Irish Taxi Council earlier warned that drivers could escalate their action if their demands to meet the Minister are not met.Frank Byrne said drivers were calling for the implementation of reforms to the industry, which were drawn up by the Oireachtas Joint Transport Committee.

He claimed that taxi drivers are also protesting in Kerry, Galway, Waterford, Sligo, Donegal and Meath.However, a spokesman for the Minister for Transport said the protest is doing nothing to address the challenges the industry is facing.

The spokesman said: 'Those involved in the actions yesterday and which are continuing today are strongly urged to resume discussions with the Commission for Taxi Regulation in a sustained effort to address the issues of concern.' Taxi drivers gathered in Limerick's Pery Square this afternoon as part of the protest.

Around 100 drivers responded to a call to show solidarity with drivers in Dublin. Services were disrupted for a short time this afternoon, but have since resumed.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://taxieire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down